These vegan grilled Portobello Tacos are topped with a homemade charred scallion salsa verde that will make for a festive taco tuesday!
Portobello Tacos with Charred Scallion Salsa Verde
- Slice mushroom caps in half and place in a wide-rimmed bowl. Combine oil, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl. Brush mushrooms with oil-spice mixture, and let sit 15 minutes.
- Next, heat a greased grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms (in batches, if necessary, to avoid over-crowding). Cook 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed, until grill marks appear, flip and cook 2 more minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp. of the salt, transfer to a cutting board, and slice into strips.
- Next, add green onions in a single layer to pan. Cook over medium-high until charred and fragrant, about 3 minutes, toss and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until limp; transfer to a cutting board.
- Mash avocados in a bowl with 1/4 tsp. salt, lime zest, and juice; set aside.
- Once green onions are cool enough to handle, finely chop and place in a bowl. Add parsley, cilantro, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble tacos, spread avocado evenly on tortillas and top with mushrooms and red cabbage. Lastly, spoon scallion salsa verde over top and serve.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1224mg | Potassium: 1269mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1767IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!