Lentils with Roasted Beets and Lemon
For the Lentils
- 1 c green lentils dry
- 1 carrots chopped
- 1 c onions 1 onion, chopped
- .25 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice the beets and place them in a bowl. Add in the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Spread the beets out onto a lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for about 35 minutes or until beets are soft
- While the beets are cooking, add the lentils, carrot, and onion to a pot . Fill with enough water to cover the lentils. (About 2 cups) Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed and the lentils are soft.
- To make the vinaigrette, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix together well.
- To serve, add the beets and lentil mixture to a bowl. Pour the dressing over everything and toss. Garnish with fresh parsley. You can also add more salt if needed. Enjoy!
Adapted from https://mywholefoodlife.com/2016/01/29/lentils-roasted-beets-lemon/
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3210IU | Vitamin C: 20.4mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 4.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!