Hanger Steak with Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
This recipe is a complete meal with sides included!
- 1 lb hanger steak flank steak can be used as a substitute
- 1.5 tsp sea salt divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper freshly ground, divided
- 2 sweet potatoes medium
- 1.5 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 0.50 tsp honey
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season steak with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside. Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss brussel sprouts with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add to baking sheet with sweet potatoes and continue to roast, shaking sheet halfway through, until potatoes are tender and brussel sprouts are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- While vegetables cook, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high. Cook steak, turning once, until deeply browned, 5 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Whisk mustard, vinegar, and honey in a large bowl. Add parsley and Brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and top each half with butter. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1085mg | Potassium: 1288mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 10995IU | Vitamin C: 151.1mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 4.9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!