Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini Boats
- 4 zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- .25 c heavy cream
- .25 c parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides to use later. Place zucchini boats in a large baking dish and drizzle all over with oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle thyme leaves on top. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, chop into bite-size pieces. Return shrimp to skillet then stir in reserved zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add cream, Parmesan, and lemon juice, and cook until slightly reduced, 3 minutes.
- Fill zucchini boats with shrimp mixture and top with mozzarella. Cook until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 348mg | Sodium: 1232mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1538IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 431mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!