Five Spice Pork with Broccoli, Carrots, and Garlic
- 2 lb ground pork
- 3 c broccoli slaw Time Cheat: Use the organic pre-made version from the grocery store
- 1 c carrots shredded
- 4 cloves garlic mineced
- 1 tbsp chinese five spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- .25 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and break it up with a spoon.
- When the pork is almost completely cooked through, drain off any excess liquid.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add in remaining ingredients, reserving the cilantro. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the veggies are softened, remove form the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Calories: 648kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 1125mg | Potassium: 1075mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5740IU | Vitamin C: 83.7mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!