Easy Chili Faux Mac Skillet
Easy Chili Faux Mac skilllet is a grain free, low carb, easy one skillet meal.
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning Spicely® Organic, used this low carb, starch & gum free brand, or can use this homemade taco mix.
- 0.5 tbsp flax seeds * optional for thickening
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.66 c water
- 1.5 c diced tomatoes
- 1 c cauliflower minced (finely chopped)
- 1 c zucchini diced
- 0.66 c cheddar cheese grated, *optional omit for dairy free or use this paleo sour cream recipe
- 0.50 avocados chopped, *optional
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat brown the ground beef. Once beef is browned, add 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix, ½ tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tbsp flax meal, and 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes with the liquid, 2/3 cup water. Stir and mix together until combined.
- Add to skillet: 1 cup minced cauliflower and 1 cup diced zucchini. Heat on medium high for a few minutes until it comes to a boil. Turn heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until veggies have softened.
- Top with optional grated cheese, diced avocado, and a dollop of sour cream. Super easy!
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 3.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!