Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 c chicken broth
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 tsp cornstarch arrowroot powder or tapioca starch for whole30
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lbs asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- .25 tsp ground black pepper fresh, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and tamari.
- In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1.5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1392mg | Potassium: 930mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!