- In a large nonstick pan ( I prefer ceramic pans, as they are non-toxic) melt the coconut oil, on medium heat, add the garlic and onion and saute' until slightly browned but not burned, for about 5 minutes. Now add the ginger, cumin and Madras Curry powders and saute' for another minute, onion should be browned but not entirely cooked. Add in water and close with a tight fitting lid. Lower heat to low and let cook until onion is soft and cooked, about 5 minutes. In the meantime bring the ground beef to room temperature in a large bowl. Once the onions are cooked, add them to the ground beef.
- Mix the onions and the beef well, and when cool enough to handle form into meatballs about 2" wide. Flatten them slightly with your palm and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the other tablespoon of coconut oil, on high heat. When the oil is hot, add the meatballs. Brown on all sides, for about 5 minutes, then lower the heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook until done inside, about another 3 minutes.
- Once the meatballs are ready, remove from the pan.
- To deglaze, add the coconut cream and a tablespoon of curry after you remove the meatballs, and cook on medium heat, scraping the browned bits from the bottom and mixing well, for about 2 minutes. A thick brown sauce should form.
- Serve the meatballs with cauli rice or keto naan, pouring sauce over them.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!