Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
- .5 c beef broth
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 12 oz flank steak cut against the grain into thin strips
- 3.5 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari divided
- 1.5 tsp coconut sugar divided
- 4 c red cabbage chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 c shredded carrots
- .25 c green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- Whisk together beef broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet (cast iron if you have it) over high. Add steak, cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add 1.5 tbsp tamari and 1 tsp coconut sugar. Cook, stirring often, until meat is charred, 1-2 minutes. Remove steak to a plate.
- Add cabbage, ginger, garlic, and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Cook, stirring often until cabbage begins to wilt, 2-3 minutes. Add stock mixture, remaining tamari, and remaining coconut sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in steak, carrots, scallions, sesame oil, and vinegar. Cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with your favorite starch, like brown rice!
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 1087mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6400IU | Vitamin C: 54.7mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!