Asian Style Slaw
- 6 bunches green onions thinly sliced
- 2 lb green cabbage shredded
- 1 c red onions thinly sliced
- .25 c coconut aminos or tamari can use soy sauce if not Paleo or AIP
- .25 c lemon juice
- .25 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated or minced
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar can sub brown sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- Rough up the green onions slices a little with your fingers so all the little layers of the scallion whites separate. Toss the cabbage, red onions, and green onions together in a large bowl until everything is thoroughly mixed. You can make the slaw up to this point up to a day in advance as long as you keep it refrigerated. Before serving, simply bring the slaw back to room temperature, make the dressing, and toss.
- Stir the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until blended, then pour over the vegetables. Serve within 1 hour of dressing or the cabbage will get wilty and sad.
Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 194IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!