Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
- 4 zucchini cut into zoodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper OMIT for strict AIP
- .5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes OMIT for strict AIP
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- .25 c chicken broth can sub vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- If you don't have a zoodle maker make the zucchini noodles using a coarse cheese grater, slide the zucchini down the grater, shaving off long strips. Rotate the zucchini constantly, grating all sides, until you reach the seeds in the center.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet.
- Add the shrimp in and season with the salt, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic. Sauté the shrimp, until they evenly begin to show a pink color, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice, and let the liquid come to a simmer.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir until everything is combined and the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves and serve.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1538mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 626IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!