Your kids will love this gluten-free Zucchini Noodles with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce. Make two batches because it’s that good!
Zucchini Noodles with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
Your kids will love this gluten-free Zucchini Noodles with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce. Make two batches because it's that good!
- 1 c onions chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 dried bay leaf
- .75 tsp dried basil
- 6 zucchini spiralized or peeled into ribbons
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley for serving
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Combine the ground beef, turkey, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic together. Stir in egg, almond flour, and parsley until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Using your hands, form into round 1.5" meatballs.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a large 12" skillet on medium heat. Add the meatballs in a single layer and cook for 8-10 minutes, browning on all sides. Transfer to paper-lined plate and repeat, if necessary with remaining meatballs.
- Discard oil and wipe down the same skillet. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer gently until sauce thickens about 20 minutes. Stir in basil and adjust seasonings as needed. Add the cooked meatballs and simmer, until heated through.
- Spiralize zucchini using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler into noodles. At this point, you can divide into bowls if serving raw.
- To cook zoodles, lightly oil a pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and saute for 1-2 minutes or slightly softened but still tender. Do not overcook.
- Transfer to bowls and spoon sauce and meatballs over zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese to serve.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1376mg | Potassium: 1539mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4587IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!