Vietnamese Bacon Slaw
- Saute the butter, bacon, onion, and jalapeño on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the minced ginger and garlic.
- Stir and cook for about 60 seconds or until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add in the red pepper, stir, and cook for 60 seconds. (Our goal is not really to cook the veggies, but just coat them in that wonderful butter and bacon grease and warm them slightly.)
- Turn down the heat, and add the shredded cabbage.
- Drizzle the sesame oil all over the cabbage.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lime, and stir to mix it all together.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and second lime.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1580IU | Vitamin C: 146.2mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!