Vegetarian Portobello Pot Roast
- 1.5 lb yukon gold potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 1.5 lb portobello mushrooms cut in half if they are large
- 3 carrots large, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 c frozen pearl onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 c vegetable broth divided
- .5 c red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce vegetarian
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- .25 c fresh parsley chopped
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, 2.5 cups vegetable stock, wine, tomato paste, and worcestershire together in the bowl of a crock pot, and gently toss to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup vegetable stock and cornstarch until combined. Add to the roast mixture, and gently toss to combine. Continue to cook for 1-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens up a bit.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1020mg | Potassium: 1277mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5702IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!