Thai Pineapple Shrimp Curry
- 3 tbsp coconut oil divided
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 13.5 oz full fat canned coconut milk 1 can
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1.25 lb shrimp peeled, de-veined, tail-on, raw
- 1.5 c onions diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 20 oz canned pineapple drained, chunks
- .5 c fresh cilantro rinsed, chopped, divided
- 1 bunches green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp peanuts chopped, unsalted
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice and tamari, stirring. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high. Add shrimp and cook 4-5 minutes or until opaque. Remove from skillet and add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until tender for 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry mixture, shrimp, pineapple, and .25 c of the chopped cilantro. Cook until sauce is thickened about 1 minute.
- Serve with green onions, peanuts, and remaining cilantro.
Serve with Rice or Cauliflower Rice.
Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Cholesterol: 357mg | Sodium: 1640mg | Potassium: 855mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 3310IU | Vitamin C: 106.8mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 6.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!