Sweet Potato Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 c baby spinach loosley packed
- 1 c red onions 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper Omit for Strict AIP
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain then place in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and add onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add mustard, vinegars, and olive oil, whisking vigorously to incorporate the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and add the spinach, tossing to coat the potatoes and lightly wilt the spinach.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 21255IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!