Southwest Roasted Spaghetti Squash Bowls
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 2 spaghetti squash
Cabbage and black bean slaw
- 2 c red cabbage thinly sliced and roughly chopped into 2-inch long pieces
- 15 oz canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bell peppers red, chopped
- 0.33 c green onions chopped, both green and white parts
- 0.33 c fresh cilantro rinsed and chopped, pick leaves
- 3 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- To roast the spaghetti squash: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, prick all over and roast for 30 minutes, until the flesh is lightly browned and wrinkled.
- Meanwhile, to assemble the slaw: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, black beans, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt.
- Toss to combine and set aside to marinate.
- To make the salsa verde: In the bowl of a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, salsa verde, cilantro, lime juice and garlic.
- Blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- To assemble, first use a knife to halve the spaghetti squash.
- Then use a fork to remove seeds then separate and fluff up the flesh of the spaghetti squash.
- Then divide the slaw into each of the spaghetti squash “bowls,” and add a big dollop of avocado salsa verde.
- Finish the bowls with another sprinkle of pepper, cilantro and optional crumbled feta or pepitas.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1396mg | Potassium: 1385mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 2605IU | Vitamin C: 89.3mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 4.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!