Shawarma Chicken Bowls with Basil-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 6 c mixed baby greens
- 1 c cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 c fresh basil torn
- 1 avocados sliced
- In a bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, curry powder, cumin, and coriander until combined.
- In a shallow sealable container or in a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken strips and marinade. Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (or marinate overnight if possible).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tiny bit of olive oil, add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes turning regularly until juices run clear.
- While chicken cooks, make the vinaigrette. In a food processor (or small blender), process the basil, garlic, salt, and lemon juice until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- To make the salads, add the greens in a large bowl and toss them with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken on top along with the tomatoes, basil, and avocado. Drizzle the bowl with the basil-lemon vinaigrette.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1029mg | Potassium: 892mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1604IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!