Roasted Vegetables with a Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted, divided
- 1 acorn squash halved, deseeded, and cut into slices
- 4 shallots peeled but leave whole, 8 small or 4 medium-large
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- .5 tsp sea salt
- 12 radishes 1 bunch, halved lengthwise
- .5 lb asparagus woody part removed, halved widthwise
- .5 bunches kale torn into 2-inch strips
- .5 head cauliflower riced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put 2 tbsp coconut oil into a medium roasting pan and add the squash and shallots. Using your hands, turn the veggies over in the oil until they are thoroughly coated. Add the lemon zest and briefly toss the veggies again. Sprinkle over the sea salt and place the pan into the preheated oven for 20 mins.
- Add the radishes, asparagus, and kale, toss again (using a couple of spoons this time!) and pop back into the oven for a further 20 mins, or until the kale is chip-crispy and the other veggies are bordering caramelized.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in a skillet until very hot. Add the cauliflower rice and cook over a medium to high heat for around 3-4 mins until just tender, allowing it to char slightly.
- Make the vinaigrette by simply putting all the ingredients into a small bowl and giving it a good whisk.
- Put the cauliflower onto a serving platter and add the roasted veggies. Drizzle over the dressing, gently mix everything together and serve.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2447IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!