Roasted Red Pepper Tomato and Smoked Gouda Bisque
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chicken stock, tomato paste, basil, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter until soft and translucent. – About 10 minutes.
- Add sautéed onions to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- While soup cooks, shred the smoked gouda cheese.
- After 4 hours, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. This can also be done using an immersion blender. If you use a normal blender be sure to use a cloth to hold the top of the blender down but remove the middle portion of the top to vent. If necessary do this in batches.
- Pour the pureed soup back into the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, stir in heavy cream and Gouda cheese. Cover and cook for 1 additional hour.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 2449mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!