Roasted Celeriac with Mushrooms and Leeks
- 2 lb celeriac root peeled well and cut into even sized chunks
- 1 leeks medium, white and light green parts only, sliced into thing rounds (You can save the dark green parts to use when making stock)
- 1.125 c mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- .5 tbsp dried thyme
- .5 tbsp dried basil
- .5 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- .5 tsp ground black pepper to taste
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Place diced celeriac root into the baking dish add avocado oil. Sprinkle over the dried thyme, basil, parsley, some salt, and pepper.
- Using your hands or a large spoon, toss to coat the seasoning evenly over the celeriac root.
- Place into the preheated oven for 40 minutes, making sure to toss and turn the diced celeriac root halfway through the roasting process.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt your butter.
- Add in the sliced leek and cook until just softened.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms and leek have both softened.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove the roasted celeriac root from the oven and carefully add it into the leek and mushroom mixture.
- Toss to mix everything together.
- Taste to check for seasoning and enjoy!
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 853mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 515IU | Vitamin C: 21.6mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!