Roasted Cajun Chicken Thighs and Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Lightly grease a roasting pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, fresh ground pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel and rub cajun seasoning all over thighs.
- Sear thighs in the hot oil for 2 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Transfer chicken thighs to previously prepared roasting pan and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the chicken over in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Chicken thighs are done when internal temperature registers at 165˚F. Please use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- In the meantime, stir remaining olive oil to the skillet where you seared the chicken. Heat it up over medium-high heat. Please note: If there are enough drippings left-over in the skillet, you may not need to add any more vegetable oil.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the warmed oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove thighs from the oven, garnish with sliced green onions, and serve with cauliflower rice.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 708mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!