Red Lentil Curry
- Mince ginger. Set aside.
- Wash the lentils in cold water until the water runs clear. Put lentils in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, place a cover on the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, adding water during cooking as needed to keep covered, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, stirring frequently, and cook until caramelized, approximately 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir curry mixture into onions. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until spices are fragrant, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to onion mixture, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat and add cooked lentils, stirring to completely combine.
- Let cool slightly and serve with your favorite side dish.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 1318mg | Fiber: 30g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1875IU | Vitamin C: 15.2mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 9.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!