Red Lentil Curry
- Wash the lentils in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Put lentils in a pot with enough water to cover; bring to a boil, place a cover on the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, adding water during cooking as needed to keep covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions in hot oil until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Mix curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt, sugar, garlic, and ginger together in a large bowl; stir into the onions.
- Increase heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, remove from heat and stir into the lentils.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1401mg | Potassium: 2002mg | Fiber: 33g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2970IU | Vitamin C: 29.9mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 11.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!