Poached Salmon Salad with Dill Vinaigrette
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 1.5 c water
- .5 lemons sliced
- 1 cucumbers
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 5 c romaine lettuce chopped
- .75 c celery chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine the salmon, water, and lemon and bring to a boil over medium heat. Immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and poach salmon for 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet. Once salmon flakes easily, transfer it to a cutting board to cool while you prepare the salad and vinaigrette. Discard the remaining ingredients in the saucepan.
- Peel cucumber on all sides using a vegetable peeler into long, flat ribbons until you reach the seed center.
- Place cucumber ribbons on a paper towel and sprinkle with pinch sea salt to sweat the cucumber and extract moisture. After 10 minutes, pat the cucumber dry with additional paper towels.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, celery and cucumber ribbons with the vinaigrette. Gently toss in the flaked poached salmon. Serve with lemon slices on the side.
Calories: 622kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1604mg | Potassium: 1624mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6497IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!