Mushroom and Zucchini Tacos
- 1.25 lb portobello mushrooms or cremini, stems and gills removed, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp cumin
- .5 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 zucchini cut into 2 by 1/2 inch sticks
- .75 c red onions thinly sliced
- 12 corn tortillas 4-1/2 inch
- 1 c Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- .5 c salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with half of the oregano, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini and onion with remaining oregano, oil, garlic, chili powder, and cumin; season with salt and pepper.
- Place both sheets in the oven. Roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are browned and fork-tender, 25 to 30 minutes (zucchini may cook faster than mushrooms).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, warm tortillas according to package instructions (they should be lightly browned but still soft). Wrap loosely in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with mushrooms, vegetable mixture, shredded cheese, and salsa.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 1353mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!