Mexican Chicken Stew
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 jalapenos seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 3 c rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .25 c sour cream Omit for strict Paleo
- .25 c fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and aromatic. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes. Add lime juice and salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 851mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 324IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!