- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with a fork until blended and foamy.
- In the same bowl combine the herbs, the garlic, the coconut cream and the salt and mix well.
- Now add the meat broken into chunks, and combine by hand until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Roll the meatball mix into golf sized balls and then flatten slightly.
- Dredge the meatballs evenly into the coconut flour, covering them on all sides.
- This mix should make approximatively 30 meatballs.
- Test the heat of the oil with a small piece of meatball mix, it should bubble and sizzle when placed in the skilled.
- Fry the meatballs about 3 minutes on each side, or until well browned.
- You can cook them in several batches, making sure the oil does not get too cold or too hot, by looking at the color of the cooked meatballs: they should brown and crispy on the outside and very tender and juicy on the inside.
- Drain on a piece of paper before serving. Can serve with tomato or pesto sauce and/or spaghetti squash.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!