Low Carb Taco Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of rendered fat.
- Add the onion and jalapeno to the beef and cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and salsa and stir to combine then add to the prepared dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium mixing bowl then whisk in the hot sauce and heavy cream.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat mixture in the dis.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 307mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1135IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!