Lemony Collard Greens Pasta
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to directions.
- Drain quickly, reserving a bit of cooking water, and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed 12″ skillet over medium heat and toast the pine nuts until they start to turn golden and fragrant. Pour them out of the skillet and save for later.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and pour in a tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle in a big pinch of red pepper flakes and the garlic and stir.
- Once the oil is hot enough to shimmer, toss in all of your collard greens.
- Sprinkle the greens with salt. Stirring often (try not to let them clump), sauté the greens for about three minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Scoop the greens into the pasta pot and toss with another drizzle of olive oil, adding pasta water if necessary.
- Divide onto plates, top with pine nuts and Parmesan shavings and serve with two big lemon wedges per person.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5875IU | Vitamin C: 55.3mg | Calcium: 443mg | Iron: 3.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!