Lemon Pepper & Poppy Shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemons thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp lemon zest about 1 lemon's worth
- .25 c lemon juice about 1 lemon's worth
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 c white wine
- 2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .25 c fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium to medium-high. Melt in the butter. When it foams add the sliced lemon and garlic; cook, swirling the pan often, until aromatic 30- 60 seconds.
- Add the lemon zest, poppy seeds, pepper, and paprika; stirring constantly until very aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, simmer, stirring often, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce; cook, stirring often, until pink on the outsides and opaque in the centers, 3 to 4 minutes and season with salt. Mix in the lemon juice and parsley. Serve with bread or other favorite starch to sop up the sauce.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 587mg | Sodium: 2402mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 737IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 421mg | Iron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!