Jerk Turkey Burgers on Sweet Potato Rounds
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 bunches green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 head green cabbage shredded
- 1 carrots shredded
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds, 2 per serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat.
- Use your hands to gently combine the turkey, yogurt, green onions, garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt in a medium bowl. Form into 3-inch patties about 1/2-inch thick. Chill for at least 30 minutes (this helps to keep the burgers from sticking to the grill).
- Combine the shredded cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise, and vinegar in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush the sweet potatoes with the oil and sprinkle with a large pinch of salt. Lightly oil the grill grates. Arrange the sweet potato rounds on the grill, cover with the lid and cook until there are nice grill marks and the potatoes are tender but not mushy, 8 to 12 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to cool completely.
- Spray both sides of the turkey burgers with nonstick cooking spray and grill, covered, until the burgers have nice grill marks and an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 8 to 12 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers: Spread half of the sweet potato rounds each with mango chutney. Top with the patties and 1/4 of the coleslaw and sandwich with the remaining sweet potato rounds.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 770mg | Potassium: 994mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 18927IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!