Jamaican Chicken Stew
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 c onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- .5 tsp allspice ground
- .5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- .5 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- .25 tsp dried nutmeg ground
- .25 c red wine
- 2 tbsp capers chopped
- 15 oz canned black beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 1 c chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine chicken and the next 7 ingredients (chicken through nutmeg) in a bowl. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 4 minutes.
- Stir in wine, chicken broth, capers, beans, and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Remove cover and let reduce liquid for 5 minutes. Can be served over rice.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 957mg | Potassium: 1296mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 22.3mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 4.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!