Instant Pot Potlicker Soup
- 1 tbsp bacon grease or fat of your choice
- 2 c onions 2 onions, chopped
- 1 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ham hock Look for a high ratio of meat to bone so there will be more meaty goodness to enjoy.
- 4 bunches collard greens cleaned, trimmed so that only the leaves remain (can buy packaged)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 c chicken broth or stock
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute and when the display says HOT melt bacon fat then sauté onion, carrots, and garlic about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to Instant Pot and cover with lid.
- Set the Instant pot to Manual/Pressure Cooking mode. Cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Then let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, followed by manual pressure release.
- Remove ham hock from Instant Pot then remove ham from bone, discarding the bone.
- Chop ham and stir into soup.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1711mg | Potassium: 1079mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 12084IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 499mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!