Instant Pot Paleo Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 large breasts
- 0.50 c onions chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1.5 c chicken broth
- 0.15 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 c coconut cream
- 3 c frozen broccoli thawed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- Generously salt and pepper chicken breasts. Add oil and butter to Instant Pot, select SAUTE. When butter is melted, brown the chicken breasts. Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion to the Instant Pot, and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add browned chicken breasts.
- Cover and lock lid in place. Select HIGH PRESSURE and 5 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn off, and use a quick pressure release.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite pieces.
- In a small bowl, dissolve arrowroot in 2 tablespoons water. Select SAUTE and add arrowroot mixture to the pot, stirring constantly.
- Add coconut cream and stir until combined.
- Add diced chicken and steamed broccoli. Select SAUTE for 5 minutes until broccoli and chicken are heated through.
- Serve as is or over rice or veggie noodles.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1090mg | Potassium: 940mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 72.1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!