Shared with permission from George Bryant of Civilized Caveman
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Line the bottom of the Instant Pot with the sliced onions and the peeled garlic. Add the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken on top of the onions and garlic.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice all over the chicken.
- Season the inside and outside of the bird generously with salt, pepper, and dried herbs.
- Place the lemon halves inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Cover the lid. Set the Instant pot to Manual/Pressure Cooking mode. Cook for 30 minutes on high pressure. Then let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, followed by manual pressure release.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken and place on a plate. Shred all chicken away from the bone and place back in the broth with the onions and garlic.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 2099mg | Potassium: 593mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!