Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 potatoes large, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots large, peeled and chopped
- 1 c onions 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.50 lb beef stew meat cut into 1-inch pieces
- 0.25 c red wine
- 29 oz diced tomatoes 2 - 14.5 oz cans, with liquid
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.50 tsp ground black pepper
- Select 'SAUTE' on Instant Pot. Add the oil to the bottom of Instant Pot.
- Cooking in batches, place stew meat in Instant Pot and brown on all sides. Remove and brown remaining stew meat. Return all browned stew meat to the Instant Pot.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, red wine, and undrained tomatoes.
- Add bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on Instant Pot and move valve to closed. Select 'MANUAL' and set to HIGH pressure with a cook time of 15 minutes.
- At the end of the 15 minutes cooking time, use the quick release and carefully remove lid. Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Let sit, uncovered, to cool slightly and serve.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 1485mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10430IU | Vitamin C: 38.5mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 9.9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!