Ground Beef Stir Fry with Wilted Napa Cabbage
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 lb napa cabbage 1 large head, sliced
- 1 c water chestnuts sliced
- 0.50 c bamboo shoots sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed, divided
- 0.75 c coconut aminos or tamari divided
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds plus 1 tsp for garnish
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp coconut oil divided
- Heat a pan to to medium-high, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add ground beef and begin to cook.
- When half done add all of the ginger, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots. Add 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Cook until the meat has completely browned. Add 1/2 cup coconut aminos, a pinch of black pepper and two tablespoons of sesame seeds.
- Simmer until most of the coconut aminos have reduced, turn off heat and get ready to serve.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of remaining coconut oil. Add sliced cabbage, toss in fat to coat, let wilt.
- When volume is reduced by a third, add remaining one clove of minced garlic and toss to evenly distribute.
- When cabbage is nearly done, add 1/4 cup of coconut aminos. Remove the pan from heat as soon as the coconut aminos reduces slightly.
Calories: 792kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 2610mg | Potassium: 1375mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 64.3mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 7.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!