Grilled Lemon Garlic Skewers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp jumbo, raw, peeled, and deveined, tails on
- 2 bell peppers different colors of your choice, cut into bite sized chunks, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c red onions cut into bite sized chunks, 1/2 inch pieces
- .5 tsp Italian seasoning
- .25 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp ghee or butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- wooden skewers or metal skewers
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Using a brush, clean the grill and grease with oil using a long pair of tongs with some folded paper towels dipped in some olive oil.
- Thread the shrimp, peppers and onions onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning and splintering.
- Season shrimp and vegetables with salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted ghee (or butter), garlic, lemon juice and parsley together. Brush lemon butter sauce on both sides of shrimp, reserving some for later.
- Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender or starting to brown just slightly.
- Brush remaining lemon sauce over the shrimp and allow to cook for 10 more seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 315mg | Sodium: 887mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2005IU | Vitamin C: 88.7mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!