Grilled Citrus-Shrimp Lettuce Cups
- 1 shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 jalapenos thinly siced
- .5 c lime juice
- .5 c orange juice
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 carrots thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 limes quartered
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh basil thinly sliced
- Whisk shallot, lime zest, jalapeno, lime juice, orange juice, ginger, and salt in a small bowl. Reserve half of marinade for serving; cover and leave at room temperature until ready to use. Pour remaining marinade over shrimp in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Grill shrimp until lightly charred and cooked through, 1–2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl and toss with sesame oil; season with salt, if needed.
- Serve shrimp with lettuce, cucumber, carrots, lime wedges, basil, sesame seeds, and reserved marinade for making lettuce cups.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1479mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4232IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!