Gluten Free Sweet Potato and Kale Buddha Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a saucepan with 4 cups of water, add quinoa, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp olive oil, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Drain if necessary. Set aside.
- While quinoa cooks. Toss sweet potato slices with 1 tsp olive oil, .5 tsp sea salt, 1 clove of minced garlic, and .25 tsp ground black pepper. Roast in oven 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Toss chopped kale with 1 tsp olive oil, .5 tsp sea salt, and .25 tsp ground black pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Split quinoa between four bowls. Top with sweet potatoes, kale, beans, and avocado. Drizzle dressing over the top and sprinkle fresh chives over the top.
- This can be served warm or cold. You can either have a hearty warm meal or a cool salad.
Calories: 731kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1714mg | Potassium: 1355mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8100IU | Vitamin C: 57.2mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 6.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!