Garlic Steak with Roasted Asparagus
- You can grill the steaks and the asparagus if you want. Otherwise, follow the instructions below.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Salt the steaks and set aside using 2 tsp of the salt.
- Place asparagus on a rimmed baking tray. Pour olive oil on top of the asparagus. Add salt to taste.
- Roast the asparagus for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven or until done to your liking.
- To cook the steaks on the stovetop, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add the steaks and sear both sides. Reduce heat and cook to the desired level of doneness, approximately 3 additional minutes per side for medium-rare. (Alternatively, you can finish the steaks in the oven if you want after the initial sear.) Remove steaks from skillet and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- In the same skillet, fry the garlic for 30 seconds. Serve equal amounts of garlic on top of each steak.
- Serve steaks with the roasted asparagus.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1811mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 429IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!