Egg Roll Meatballs
Courtesy of Predominantly Paleo
- Begin by mixing the pork, carrots, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, and white pepper in a bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients then sprinkle the gelatin throughout the mixture, taking care to distribute it evenly so that it doesn't clump.
- Add your oil to the Instant Pot then press the saute button. While the oil heats, form 1 to 2-inch meatballs with your meat mixture then gently place them in the hot oil. Saute on all sides until brown, about 5 minutes taking care to move them regularly to avoid them sticking.
- Once your meatballs are browned, press the Keep Warm/Cancel button then pour in beef broth and coconut aminos or tamari. Secure the lid and press the Pressure Cook /Manual button. Use the +/- buttons to adjust the time until 5 minutes is displayed
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete and then quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid once safe to do so. Use a slotted spoon or skimmer to remove the meatballs and set them aside.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the liquid in the Instant Pot then serve over meatballs garnished with green onions (optional)
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1360mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5095IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!