Easy Peppermint Mocha (Hot or Iced)
Who doesn’t love a lovely peppermint mocha on a cold Fall or Winter day? Rich chocolate and strong coffee mixed together with milk to form a deliciously creamy and decadent pick-me-up. With our super easy recipe, you can skip the long lines (and $$$) at the coffee shop and brew this sweet treat right in your own kitchen. All you need are a few simple ingredients and your favorite mug.
Easy Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- 1 cups water
- 1 cups sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved.
- Add peppermint extract and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 16 oz freshly brewed strong coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, dairy free cream, or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Combine coffee, cream, cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of the mint simple syrup in a blender and whip up until nice and frothy!
- Serve hot. If desired, add whipped cream, a sprinkle of cocoa powder, and for added fun use candy canes as stirrers.
- For an iced peppermint mocha, chill the coffee in your fridge until cold.
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend until frothy.
- Pour over ice and serve.