This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Soup is great for any day you need to have the comfort of homemade chicken soup. The hints of lemon and ginger, in particular, will warm you up from the inside.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1 c onions diced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- .5 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp dried rosemary chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- .25 c lemon juice
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- .25 c fresh parsley rinsed and chopped
- Sear meat using saute function. Press the saute button. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the instant pot. When Instant Pot reads "HOT" add chicken and sear for 2 minutes until brown.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the Instant Pot. Saute with the meat 2-4 minutes. Deglazed with the lemon juice and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Stir and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, thyme, ginger, rosemary, garlic, bay leaf, and salt to the pot and stir to combine. Hit Cancel to turn off the Saute.
- Cover the lid. Set the Instant pot to Manual/Pressure Cooking mode. Cook for 25 minutes on high pressure. Then let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, followed by manual pressure release.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
If you want you can also add cooked pasta or rice to the soup to make it more hearty.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 2121mg | Potassium: 1217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8100IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!