Easy Chicken Shawarma
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the spices to combine well. Add olive oil and mix into a paste. Set aside.
- Thoroughly towel-dry the boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Add chicken into the bowl with marinade. Use tongs or clean hands to thoroughly coat all pieces of chicken evenly, on all sides. Cover tightly with cling wrap and chill overnight (at least 3-4 hours.)
- Let chicken come to room temp as you preheat oven to 400F, with rack on upper middle position.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer on a large, foil-lined baking sheet. Take care not to overlap or overcrowd the pieces. Roast 15 min or until just cooked.
- Let chicken cool enough to handle. Slice all chicken into thin slices. Place back onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Broil on high for 7-10 minutes or until edges are nicely browned. Serve immediately with pita bread, basmati rice, or hummus.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 787mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!