Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- Liberally season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper before transferring to the hot skillet.
- Sear the chicken 2-3 minutes per side, just until it develops a golden-brown color.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Allow the pan to cool slightly before heating the remaining coconut oil over medium heat.
- Toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook until browned 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, yogurt, lemon juice, and oregano and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the mixture reduce for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- Pour in the spinach and sprinkle over another pinch of salt. Let the greens wilt down, stirring occasionally.
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve chicken on a bed of the wilted spinach and top with a drizzle of the creamy sauce.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 974mg | Potassium: 1004mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4021IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!