Chicken Corn Verde Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c onions chopped
- 1 poblano pepper deseeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 12 oz diced green chiles 3- 4oz cans
- 6 c chicken broth
- 28 oz canned corn 2-14oz cans, drained and rinsed
- 3 c rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 avocados peeled and diced
- .5 c fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 limes quartered
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and poblano and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced green chiles, chicken stock, corn, shredded chicken, cumin, and salt, and stir to combine. Continue heating until the soup reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 5 minutes. Taste, and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve topped with diced avocado, cilantro, radishes, and lime wedges.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1254mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 241IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!