Cheesy Mushroom Skillet
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms washed
- .25 c red wine
- 1 c heavy cream
- .5 tsp sea salt
- .25 tsp ground black pepper
- .125 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.25 c Swiss cheese shredded, can sub gruyere cheese
- .25 c parmesan cheese shredded, fresh if possible
- 2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until reduced, 5 minutes more.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Top with cheeses, then cover and cook until cheese is melty, 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 587mg | Potassium: 610mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1619IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 413mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!