Cheesy Baked Tomatoes
- 1 lb Italian sausage sweet or spicy depending on your taste
- 4 tomatoes beefsteak or another large round tomato, each sliced into 4 slices
- 1 c gruyere cheese shredded, sub Gouda or Havarti
- Remove Italian sausages from the casing, if necessary. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes using a wooden spoon to break it up and brown until cooked through. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- Set oven to broil, low if its an option for you.
- Wash and slice tomatoes into four slices and place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven 3-4 minutes.
- Divide sausage and cheese evenly between the tomato slices and place back in the oven for 3-4 minutes (until cheese is golden).
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 946mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1337IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!